Friday, March 07, 2014

Homemade Pop Corn and Kettle Corn

Homemade popcorn is amazing! I prefer to use Bacon drippings but I also use either crisco or coconut oil. Here is my recipe:
1 Tbsp Crisco
1/4 Cup unpopped corn
Put the Crisco in a 4qt pan and melt. (for an electric stove I put the burner temperature on about medium or "5") Add corn. Cover with a lid and shake to coat kernels.  It takes maybe a minute or two to pop. I pick pan up once or twice to shake it. When popping has slowed remove pan and pour popped corn into bowl. Be careful it's easy to burn the popcorn. I make 4 batches for my big stainless mixing bowl.

To make kettle corn use the above recipe and also add 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar on your kernels before you put the lid on and shake to mix. I got this batch a little burnt, the sugar doesn't help much.  LOL!

I am relearning how to cook on an electric stove after having a gas stove for 2 years.   I haven't had too many disasters yet.  The oven is a different story though.  *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!