Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Homemade Drink Mix

I can't stand drinking plain water, and I don't like it with lemon.  Most of the time added flavor is needed to cover up the flavor of city water, even when it's filtered.  I've been buying the drink "singles", the ones that one packet flavors a bottle of water. (This cherry lime-aid is nasty by the way)  Grape is my favorite, but it always leaves an aftertaste in my mouth.  I remembered something I did for the boys many years back, trying to get them to drink more water (without the expensive cost of those drink singles).



SO, I bought a packet of Black Cherry Kool-Aid the other day when I was at the store.  Just mix it with sugar, like you would for a pitcher of Kool-Aid, but store it in a bag, or jar, etc.  I happen to also find this little funnel hiding in some stuff I'd forgotten I had.  It's perfect for putting my drink mix in my bottle.  3 Tbsp of mix is about right for me.  It's not too sweet, but it's not too unsweet either.  No aftertaste either.  There are move flavor options too.

I don't know how many servings this will make, it should make about 5. (16 Tbsp in a cup, and 3 Tbsp in a bottle of water)  My cost on this is about 6 cents each serving (if I buy the name brand Kool-Aid).  The packets cost me about 10 cents each.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!