Thursday, May 18, 2017

One Screen Down ~~ Preparing for Warm Weather

We finally got one screen made.  We bought a roll of aluminum screen at Home Depot.  I didn't want the nylon screen because, well......we have Fuzzy, and I know what cats can do to screens. 

Hubby laid the screen out on the bed and measured how much he needed with the little boards he cut to fit in the frame.

Fuzzy is like "Woah! There is nothing here between me and outside!"  Notice her tail is outside the window.

"Mom did you know there is nothing there?" Note the tail is still outside the window.  
Yah I was a little nervous that she would go out on the ledge. It wouldn't be the first time.  

If you note in the picture above with Fuzzy, we have a 2x4 frame that is there to hold the top window up.  Hubby nailed the screen to that and then along the bottom of the window.  He did trim the screen also, so we could open and close the window.  

This is amazing!  I am very thankful and happy to have a screen.  Hopefully it cuts down on the little green grasshopper like bugs and the rest of the scary summer time bugs that like to hang around the street light.  It also allows us to open and close the window easier, and we can actually open it wider now.  Plus, unless fuzzy starts doing a lot of leaning on the screen (like cats like to do) I feel safer having it open.  We had been using metal shelving shelves and they didn't fit real good.  It was better than nothing though.

I do believe Fuzzy approves of the new screen.  


Next window is in my son's room.  It will require a lot more work.  The top window is broken out and we need to cover that more securely than we have it now, and we want to build a frame like we have in this window to help hold the top window up.  We will install the screen the same way.  I will share pictures when we get it accomplished.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like plenty of work for you! I do think the kitty supervisor approves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!