Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak

So Day #2 of my menu (Day #1 needs work in my opinion, I have another made up and in the freezer, so when I'm satisfied with it I will share) we had   Slow Cooker Philly Cheesesteak.  OH MY this was GOOD!  Simple and easy too.

My picture doesn't do it justice.....

You can find the recipe and instructions HERE on the Budget 101 web page.

Here's what I did different than the posted recipe:

  • I used beef that was on sale
  • I bought a bag of frozen fajita vegetables which had onion, and red, yellow and green peppers. (it was cheaper than buying the fresh vegetables)
  • I only had to cook on LOW for 4 hours.  (Maybe my cooker is hotter than theirs, I'm finding cook time is less than suggested time on the recipes I've tried so far)
  • I toasted the buns, and melted the cheese under the broiler in my oven
  • We added Mayo to the bun
Next time I will try:
  • a little more seasoning, maybe salt & pepper?  It needs a bit more
  • more cheese, 2 slices instead of one maybe
  • "specialty mayo" something tastier than just plain mayo.  
This one didn't get frozen, it looked and smelled so good I knew I had to make it soon.  I will be making this again.  It will probably freeze just fine.

Tomorrow is Root Beer Chicken......if it's good I'll share the recipe.  Of course you can always go look yourself on my menu if you can't wait on me.


1 comment:

  1. OMG I think it looks amazing. Thank you for sharing the recipe I know my family will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!