Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Blogmas 2014 Day 16 Christmas in my Home Country

Not real sure what to write here.  My home country is the USA.  I think the USA has about as many  traditions, as it has people.  Traditions were different when I was growing up in Indiana than they were when I was a teen and had moved to Kansas, and now as an adult living in Kansas.

Growing up in Indiana where I lived everything was decorated.  The church in my town always had a living nativity (which I got to participate in one year).  There was so much joy and cheer it was most defiantly a jolly season.

When I moved to Kansas, there wasn't as much decorating and jolliness, but there still was some cheerfulness.  I didn't see near as many decorations as I did in Indiana.

Now as an adult, living in a different part of Kansas, about the only tradition I have observed is the obsession of Black Friday.  Very few people decorate in the town I live in now.  Some businesses don't even decorate.  The big box stores all have Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas stuff out at the same time.  It shouldn't be too long (maybe a week or so?) before the Christmas stuff does on clearance and the Valentines day stuff comes out.  *sigh*

I think the old classic Christmas cartoons that we watched on TV are the best.  Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman.....I'm sure there were more but those are the ones I remember the most.


Linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the cartoons. So sad to hear that no one really decorates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relate with a lot of your traditions & memories as I'm a child of the USA as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I STILL love to watch the old cartoons. It really takes me back to my childhood and gathering with my family around our little tv to watch them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!