Thursday, October 01, 2015

Crockpot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes -- Cooking Thursday

I found this recipe twice on Pinterest. One was a crockpot version the other an oven version. Being the busy person I am I opted to make the crockpot version first.  It was pretty good. Both Hubby and I agreed that it was better the next day as leftovers.  Next time I make these I want to make the oven version.  The potatoes should be more crispy. (I'll share that when I DO try them in the oven.) Also I only used about half the ranch seasoning mix.  Next time I think I will use the entire package.

Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes


Here's what you need:
A crockpot
Aluminum foil
Non stick cooking spray
Potatoes (I think I used 12)
Ranch dressing mix
Cheddar cheese or cheese if your choice
Bacon (I used 6 strips but more would be good too)

Line your crockpot with foil leaving enough extra to fold down over the potatoes, making a package.  Spray with non stick cooking spray.

Cook your bacon and set aside to cool so you can crumble it.

Peal and cut your potatoes.

Put potatoes in a single layer in the bottom of your crockpot. Sprinkling with ranch mix, cheese and bacon. Repeat two more times. 

Save some cheese to add later. 

Fold foil down over the taters, put lid on and cook on low about 8 hours or on high about 4 hours.  

When done cooking,  turn off crockpot and sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top, cover and let melt.  Takes a couple minutes.


I served these potatoes with Dorito Crusted Chicken Strips, which in Hybby's, Youngest Son's and My opinion, needs work.  It was good, but not worthy to make again, without some changes.

If you make either of these recipes I shared today, stop back by and let me know what you thought and/or any changes you made.

Linking up with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Cooking Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!