Tuesday, December 13, 2016

More Ways to Stay Warm


A couple more way we are staying warm upstairs......We have been putting our coats across the foot of the bed.  Not only does it help keep our feet warm, it also makes our coats a bit warmer in the morning when we put them on.  I have started putting my jeans on the bed too.  They usually fall off, but at least I'm trying.  LOL!  

Hubby fixed the front door to where hardly any air comes in at all.  The door actually will swing in or out (it's pretty cool) but he put some trim and weather stripping on the inside to where the door only open out now.  That has made a huge difference in the amount of cold air coming in.  There was a good inch plus gap at the top and you could see all along the edge too.  


One other thing we did last night, which we used to do at our old house (and I had forgotten about until I seen the blanket we used to use) is between is and the top sheet we have put a warm fuzzy blanket.  Oh my that made a big difference in the covers temperature.  

We still have a bit more we want to do.  I still need to finish the moving blankets over the doors.  I think that instead of having to take them down or having to sit on the cold floor to sew them, for now I will safety pin them together.  Maybe come spring or summer I will officially sew them.  More on that later, when I really do have them finished I will share the end results.  So far though  do believe they are helping.  Should help even more after they go all the way to the floor.

I uploaded a short video to YouTube last night.  It's about the current tunisian project I am working on.

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!