Monday, June 12, 2017

HHM ~~ 6/12/17

 
As I look outside my window::: The sun is shining hot and bright!  supposed to be like that all week.  I like sunshine :-) Right now I am::: 
At work, as usual, typing this up.  Been rather slow today.  I should be working on my entrelac blanket but it's a little too warm.
Something funny from this past week::: [caption id="attachment_759" align="alignleft" width="83"] Taken 12/24/2013[/caption] Last night we took my 74 VW Beetle to the "doctor" (mechanic).  It took is 3 1/2 tries to get her started.  The 1/2 time wasn't my fault.  She was going, I stopped to wait on hubby to put some tools and things away and she died.  Clutch was in and break was on.  I didn't think it was too bad for not being driven in nearly 2 years.  She runs pretty good, just won't start without pushing. Thankfully I haven't lost my touch in driving a [vintage] standard.  Got her clear across town without any mishaps.  Went down this morning and delivered her keys.  She is next in line after the motor install they had going.  I'm getting excited!     Currently Reading::: Nothing right now.  I haven't been in the reading mood. On my to do list today::: 1. Pay bills 2. Crochet. 3. have to go out of town and do some sopping for things we can't get locally. Today's Lunch::: deluxe ham sandwich (mayo, lettuce, onion, cheese ....wanted tomato but we were out of slices and I didn't want to slice one) and sweet tea Kitchen Tip:::   Well crumb!  My picture isn't here.  Oh well I can tell you.  We make our own chili that we serve at The Castle.  I make a double batch and we freeze part of it.  One of my batches fills 2 - 1 gallon sized zippey bags.  We go though a batch in about a month.  Might be sooner now that we are offering frito chili pies and deluxe frito chili pies.
 Preparing for Warm weather::: Today we are going out of town to get some boards.  We have 2 lumberyards in our town and neither have the size we want/need.  Some of those boards are going to be so we can partially fix the window in the boy's room so we can put a screen on it like we did for our window.  Fuzzy spends most of her time in his window now since it's on the alley side and is cooler overall than the front windows.
What I am crocheting:::
Well.....I want to get the entrelac blanket finished.  My uncle has been released from the hospital and is traveling this way to stay with his sister (my aunt) to continue to recover.  I am going to give it to him.  I have reached the half way point, which is 1 more row than pictured.  It will be lapghan size.  I'm hoping by next week.  That should give him plenty of time to get rested up and adjusted to being at Auntie's house.
Something I Recently Made:::  From the camera:::
The garland decorating one of the castle walls.  this one is cooler than the one that I put on the piano!
 
What I am wearing today:::
Same as last week.......Jean shorts, a tye dye t-shirt, and tennis shoes.
Praise/Prayer List:::
PRAISE the sun is shining today! PRAISE  It's still been cool enough we haven't had to run the AC *too much at the castle and not at all at the lockshop yet.
PRAISE  my  uncle is doing better, and has been released from the hospital.
Prayer business Prayer My Uncle. his continuing recovery Prayer Our friend Mike's continued recovery from the most recent stroke.  Praise that he is home and doing pretty good.  Prayer  One of the young mom's at our church, Rachel.  She is having some major health issues right now.  She and her husband have 3 little girls 5 and under. I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for HHM.  Go visit her and the rest of those who have joined in.  Thank you for stopping by and visiting.  P.S. don't forget to change your bookmarks to my new blog address ;-)