Friday, June 27, 2014

Home Cooked Meal

The other night Hubby wanted something to eat after we closed (mind you that was about 9:30pm).  He want McDonalds, again, but I didn't want to go to McDonalds.  I told him since I was going to the store anyway that I would get something to fix for him.  For a little under $15, which is about what we spend at McDonalds each time for 2 sandwiches and 1 large fry, I got a container of sliced fresh mushrooms, an onion, some [cheap] steaks, and frozen corn.  This has made 2 meals already and I have enough, minus the mushrooms, to make a third meal.  

I sauteed the mushrooms and onions in butter and seasoned them with a little salt & pepper.  I fried the corn in a little butter and seasoned with a little salt & pepper, and I cooked the steak in a little butter and seasoned with a little salt & pepper.  The rolls were warmed under the broiler.  Hubby said it was way better than McDonalds, and better than any restaurant around here (which isn't hard to do, we mostly has fast food, mexican and chineese).

Each meal has cost me less than $5 to make.  The rolls the first night were left over from eating out, and the ones in the picture are ones left over from work, they probably shouldn't be served to customers, although they are fine.  We are just really picky what we serve to our guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!