Monday, June 23, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday ~~ 6/23/2014

Start: 9:28am

The weather..... It rained last night.  I never heard it, but the sidewalk and porch was wet, and my son put the bucket under the drip, since he was still up.  Today it's cloudy with a chance of storms, and 79* for the high (which is about 10 or so degrees cooler than last week's average).  The rest of the week looks to be in the mid to upper 80's with scattered storms.


Right now I am.... Standing here at the POS computer (main computer at the shop).  listening to the lights hum and the roof popping as it warms up.  I also have some water heating for some mocha, so the coffee pot is making it's heating noises.

On my Kindle... I finished reading  Forgiven (Sisters of the Heart, Book 3) On accident I found a bunch of Beverly Lewis books that I can "borrow" from the Kansas library card.  I searched for Amish, but that brings up very few books.  I just happened to see one of hers on that search, and decided to search by her name instead of a specific category.  WOW!  2 whole pages of books.  I'm happy!  SO, I'm currently reading The Preacher's Daughter (Annie's People Book #1).  Sometimes I have a hard time following Beverly's story lines.  She has a very refined way of writing.  No complaining, she is a most excellent story teller.

On the menu this week...... same old stuff.....*sigh*

On the Radio....nothing

TV on my Computer..... Switched at Birth this week!  You can watch it at 7 central on ABC Family.  If you don't get ABC Family, you can watch last week's episode HERE.  Yes there is a few pop-ups, but I haven't had problems with viruses.....yet.  I usually Watch on "vidbul"  And closing the ad on the screen brings up a pop-up, I just close it and hit "play".


What I found while surfing the net.... not much surfing this past week.  with vacation and all.  Still keep checking for housing and/or commercial locations.  We are down to 5 months to keep within our goal.

On my to do list today....
wash a few dishes  (can you believe the kitchen is actually mostly clean?)
sweep floors
do some laundry
Put out the fresh incense I soaked/dried over the weekend

Looking forward to this week.... going out of town tonight.

As I look outside the window..... It's a little gloomy looking.  Main street is actually busier than usual for a Monday morning.  There are a few cars parked where I can see them, but no customers currently in our shop.

Looking around the house.... just needs some general cleaning, and the floors vacuumed.

From the camera.......  

Here are some of the scents I will be putting out shortly.  I have a few more I need to soak that are getting low.







On my prayer list.....
  • My grandpa (he's 95 years old now)
  • My sister
  • My Uncle T
  • Business decisions
  • quick cleaning out of the old house
  • quick selling of  our vacant lot in the country  (will be listed mid next week)
  • getting old house cleaned out quickly
  • The house we live in now to sell quickly when we do get it put on the market
  • Finding the perfect house/location to move to
  • My Reecie Kitty

  This post linked to Happy Homemaker Monday over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

Finish: 9:51am  (time to get that cuppa mocha!)

4 comments:

  1. I really love Beverly Lewis! I should see if my local library has them for my Kindle! I watch tv on the computer too - I generally use www.projectfreetv.com and use the divxstage.eu or something like that! My son put on the Google pop up blocker and it works on that site! Love it! Have a blessed week,

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Beverly Lewis's novels. I agree she can be a bit slow to read but love them!

    I love it when I'm sleeping hard enough to not notice the rain, sleep like that is cherished. =)
    Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like every post I have read so far has said it was gloomy out. Here too in the lovely state of Arkansas. Its better than the sun popping out and heating things up like crazy. Have a wonderful week.

    http://naturalbeautism.blogspot.com/2014/06/happy-home-maker-monday-62314.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Beverly Lewis, and yes if you like Amish fiction then she has a LOT.

    Hope you enjoy your time out of town :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!