Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday ~~ 6/30/14

Start: 9:45am

The weather.....



Right now I am.... Sitting on the stool at the POS computer (main computer at the shop),  listening to the lights hum and the roof popping as it warms up, and the AC just kicked on.  I  have my mocha right beside me.

On my Kindle... I finished reading The Preacher's Daughter (Annie's People Book #1).  I've almost finished Englisher, The (Annie's People Book #2), and looking forward to  borrowing and downloading book #3 The Brethren (Annie's People Book #3)  in the next day or two.

On the menu this week...... SURPRISE!  I actually have a plan!  The meal that I fixed the other day  (see picture below or this post).  For Hubby, more of the same....[cheap] steak with sauteed mushrooms & onions, and fried corn, with a buttered roll (or two).  I also picked up some beef short ribs to bake with some BBQ sauce.  I'm thinking either Pizza or Lasagna on Friday.   For the Boy whatever sounds good to him that I have on hand to make.  Egg and Cheese burritos (which I need to pick up eggs, tortillas, and cheese), Mac and Cheese.......he surprises me sometimes.  :)

On the Radio....nothing

TV on my Computer..... Switched at Birth this week!  You can watch it at 7 central on ABC Family.  If you don't get ABC Family, you can watch last week's episode HERE.  Yes there is a few pop-ups, but I haven't had problems with viruses.....yet.  I usually Watch on "vidbul"  And closing the ad on the screen brings up a pop-up, I just close it and hit "play".  Also there is no need to download anything to watch this show.  I also started watching the Season 1 Episode 7 Christmas Special of Call The Midwife this past week. I didn't make it very far before I got interrupted. LOL!   I started watching this series way back in February.


What I found while surfing the net.... not much surfing this past week. Still keep checking for housing and/or commercial locations.  We are down to 5 months to keep within our goal.  I actually went anti-facebook for a few days.  It was really nice.  I did spend time on twitter though.

On my to do list today/this week....
wash the few dishes left over from eating late night snacks (can you believe the kitchen is actually mostly clean again?)
sweep floors
do some laundry
find more things to sell
clean on old house to get it ready to sell
sweep shop
.....and the list never ends......

Looking forward to this week.... FRIDAY!  It's a holiday!  I'm not so much into the firecrackers and such, but I am looking forward (ok maybe not looking forward to, but it has to be done) to spending the day cleaning on the old house.  Not totally a day off work, but another day of work.  Also I do like to watch the city fireworks display.  Maybe I'll video record it again this year.  Will have to wait and see how things go.

Thinking and Pondering.....  Stewing over the double standards in this town kept me up most of the night.  What seems OK for one person is a downright "crime" for another.  I tried turning it over to God, but I just can't let go of the anger right now.  Also wondering what to do with the bathroom.....the ceiling finally fell in about 2am.  The leak....it needs fixed, but we haven't the money to fix it.  No point in fixing the ceiling right now when it will just be damaged again.

As I look outside the window..... The sun is shining bright as it heats things up out there!   Main street is actually somewhat busy this morning.  No cars parked where I can see them, and no customers have been in.

Looking around the house.... just needs some general cleaning, and the floors vacuumed.  Now the bathroom needs some attention to get all that ceiling stuff cleaned up and probably some duct tape on the ceiling to hold the insulation up.....until the next time it rains.

From the camera.......  MMMMmmmmm!  My cost on this is about $5.  Way less cost and tastes much better than McDonald's!









On my prayer list.....
  • My grandpa (he's 95 years old now)
  • My sister
  • My Uncle T
  • My Mom
  • Business decisions
  • quick cleaning out of the old house
  • quick selling of  our vacant lot in the country  (the realtor won't list it so we are selling it by owner)
  • getting old house cleaned out quickly
  • The house we live in now to sell quickly when we do get it put on the market
  • Finding the perfect house/location to move to
  • My Reecie Kitty

  This post linked to Happy Homemaker Monday over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

Finish: 10:20am  (time to get a second cuppa mocha and get to work on things)

2 comments:

  1. The food sounds so good and looks great too.

    I took a month off of Facebook a while back and it was amazing. I think I am going to be doing it more often.

    Small town politics can suck, sorry you are dealing with such issues.

    Hope your week is a good one despite the fallen ceiling and small minded thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopped by from Sandra's blog. Your dinner looks delicious! Wishing you the best on finding housing and resolving your issues.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!