Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Homemaking Meme

Sandra tagged me in a Homaking Meme.  It was good timing for me when I seen her post this morning because because yesterday was one messed up, stressful day for me.  I don't choose to tag anyone, but if you read this post consider yourself tagged.  Just copy the meme questions from my blog and post it on yours, answer the questions, and tag your friends if you wish.  You don't have to tag anyone, you are more than welcome to just play along, but do let me know so that I can come and read yours too.  Thank you Sandra for tagging me, it made my day. :-D

Aprons - Y/N If Y what does your favorite look like?
Apron?  What's that?  No I hardly ever wear one. 

Baking - Favorite thing to bake?
I like to make cookies.  Chocolate Chip and Sugar Cookies.  Sometimes Banana Bread too.  Usually it's Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Clothesline - Y/N
YES! YES! YES!  I love, love, love my clothesline, even though I don't get to use it.  I used to use it all the time, like every day I did laundry that it didn't rain, and when it was too cold or raining I used a line inside.  When we lived in the apartment hubby got me a big drying rack and that's what we used.  Oh how I missed the outdoors smell.  LOL!  Now we are back at the house, but we work so much it's just easier to toss the clothes in the dryer before I go to bed.  *sigh*  Maybe some day......

Donuts - Have you ever made them?
Only if deep frying refrigerator biscuits and putting cinnamon sugar or powder sugar on them counts.   Yes I make holes in them.  LOL!  I guess when I worked at Hardees.....we used to take the cinnamon & raisin biscuits, make a hole in the middle and deep fry those and put the glaze on them.  I worked the all night shift on the weekends and we would make them and give them to the cops that came through the drive-thru in the wee morning hours.  Brownie points  ;-)

Everyday - One homemaking thing you do everyday?
Feed and water the cats.

Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze?
I used to back when the boys were little.  Now I don't.  We hardly eat at home anymore.  Maybe some day I can have a smaller one.  Don't want/need a big one like I had before.

Garbage Disposal - Y/N
No, and I don't miss the one in the apartment either.  I hated that thing, but it was handy since I couldn't just run outside and toss food scraps in the compost bin or in the yard for the birds/bugs.

Handbook - What is your favorite homemaking resource?
um......reading other homemaker's blogs.

Ironing - Love it or hate it?
Iron?  Somewhere I have one, but no ironing board and I haven't ironed much at all if anything in probably 26 years at least.  LOL!

Junk drawer- Y/N - Where is it?
which one?  Ever drawer in the computer desk is a junk drawer, and there are several other drawers around the house that are for nothing but random stuff.  

Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme?
My current kitchen?  It's better to show pictures than to try and describe my kitchen.  I think I have the most awesomest kitchen ever! These are old pictures.  The 4th wall was yellow, but it has since been painted white (by the friend we let live there)





Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Not sure.  I guess the feeling or having a clean house and clean, folded, put away laundry, and a made bed to crawl into.  This doesn't happen very often, but when it does it is a feeling of a HUGE accomplishment.

Mop - Y/N
No.  The only floor I have to mop is the bathroom, and it's small enough I just use the cleaning wet wipes and my foot to go over the floor.  

Nylons - Wash by hand or in washing machine?
Tights and (it think they are called) trouser socks in the winter and they go in the wash with everything else.

Oven - Do you use the window to check on things or do you open the door?
It depends on the stove.  The one I have now doesn't have a window or light so I have to open the door and depend on the not so bright kitchen and my nose.  If I had a light and window, then yes for most things just peeking in is ok.  Sometimes I cook by smell though.

Pizza - What do you put on yours?
Depends on what we are in the mood for.  We ALWAYS  have to have a cheese.  Then whatever sounds good.  We make chicken club pizza often (chicken, onion, tomato, ranch) but the best one (which is expensive to make) was hubby's french dip pizza that he created for Christmas last year.

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Depends on where I am and what resources I have available.  Usually the only quiet time I have is when I'm sleeping though.  LOL!

Recipe Card Box - Y/N
Not a box, but a 3-ring binder with a bunch of loose papers and some actually put in, and a couple favorite recipe books with my personal notes and modifications written in.  

Style of house
Well, I like simple, old fashioned vintage look, but mine is just a mix of random stuff, nothing like I would *like* it to look like.

Tablecloth and napkins - Y/N
 No and No

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
More like a toxic wasteland. I had it set up to put the litter box under there, but I've since changed boxes and this one is too tall to fit under the sink.  SO....the door is still off and I now keep the extra box(es) of litter and the scoop under there

Vacuum -  How many times per week? 
Depends on how much gets tracked in.  Maybe once a week if I'm lucky.

Wash - How many loads per week?
Minimum of 2.  Load of clothes and a loaf of towels.

X's - Do you make a daily to do list and check it off as you do things? 
Mentally yes. Every now and then I make a list.

Yard - Y/N - Who does what?
Yes we have a yard!  :-)  Hubby currently mows the yard.  I take pictures of the flowers.

Zzz's - What is the last homemaking task you do for the day before you go to bed?
Last thing I usually do is feed and water the cats.

1 comment:

  1. I think my hubby and kids would love your kitchen LOL That is so cool :)

    Glad you played along, I had fun reading your answers. I love these kind of memes because it gives me more insight into my bloggy friend's life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!