Thursday, August 06, 2015

Need to make menu changes.......and Tonights YUMMY meal

Ok, now I remember WHY I don't buy meat at Country Mart, the "expensive" grocery store.  It should be more of a no brainer when it's cheap on sale.  This package of pork smelled ok, and looked ok.....until I was to the last 3 pieces on the tray.  It smelled funny and when i turned it over this is what I found
yes....it's GREEN!  I had had it a few days so I know the store wouldn't be willing to refund my money, especially after I called them on trying to over charge me on my rain-check chicken (maybe a blog for another day, LOL!).  Hubby, who used to work in a meat dept right after we were married, said this was obviously done on purpose. the meat was most likely bad when it was packaged up.

I don't care HOW cheap their meat is, I will not buy meat there again.  This isn't the first time I've had problems.  I can't count all the times I've had problems with meat at this store.  The other store, which is Save-A-Lot, I can only remember one time that I have gotten bad meat.  ONE TIME compared to too many to count.

I will be working on the menu the next couple days, since I will most likely shop on Sunday, at Save-A-Lot.  I will share what I come up with on Monday.  What currently is in the freezer is listed on the column to the right.  The Kielbasa will be made from scratch, or maybe tossed in the freezer for a future cooler evening.

Ok, now for the YUMMINESS!

this was absolutely AMAZING!  It is the Crockpot Beef and Gravy.  Other than maybe serving over noodles instead of potatoes, this is perfect, and I think I have 2 of these in the freezer.  Why?  Well because I didn't buy everything from the store that I needed for the recipes I wanted to make.  *sigh*

Tomorrow I think I will put the Cilantro Lime Chicken in the cooker.

The next 2 nights are going to be busy, in fact my living room is half cleaned for tomorrow because there are people here playing games (MTG  magic the gathering).  I am happy to say that my dishes are done, and I think I still have time to go bread the rest of the cube steaks so I can put some chicken fried steaks in the freezer, before THAT meat goes bad.  It was bought at country mart as well.

TTFN  I probably won't be back until Sunday or Monday.  Both Friday and Saturday are busy nights.





1 comment:

  1. Ew, I hate getting meat like that. Been a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!