Wednesday, September 09, 2015

i just don't know

things have gone topsy turvy the past couple of weeks.  it all started when i found the freezer door not closed all the way, and now all my freezer meals are frozen in blocks of ice and i will have to move the freezer probably outside to defrost it.  i haven't made a menu in about 2 weeks (since my last hhm post) and have just been lazy.  thankfully wednesday night supper at church started back up last week, which helps on a meal.  also we are open one more night a week, thursday evening, at the castle.  also we had a holiday in the middle there.

i feel so.......distracted, discouraged, undecided.....whatever you want to call it.  i'm not getting things done like i should.  i have been trying my best to stay off facebook, but i end up going there anyway.  i do keep up with my groups and pages (i admin both and have some that i am a member of and read mostly, it's how we know what's going on around here), and I do have messenger because my friends refuse to move to a different format or contact.

thankfully in 2 weeks we are taking some much needed time off.  just a few days, even though we can't really afford it, but we need to get away.  other than holidays we have only taken 1 day off this year.  gotta work to get paid and if you don't work you don't get paid.   it's a never ending circle.

i have been crocheting lately though.....here's what I've made since i last showed you:

i decided to participate in the crochet crowd's mystery amigurumi challenge week 1 has 4 random parts. tonight i made part 1.  the next clue comes out next wednesday, so i have a few days to finish the other 3 parts.

i knitted another dishcloth. finished it today and just need to weave in the ends

i made a bigger dice bag for my oldest son. this is the one i made him for christmas last year. it was stretched tight enough i was afraid he would loose his dice.  he assured me he wouldn't.  i decided to make him one anyway.  now he has room for a few more dice than he has now.

i finished that 3 color spiral slouchy (and it still hasn't sold, *sigh*)

and last but not least, i restarted making a shawl/poncho/whatever it turns out to be, using a different pattern that i was using earlier this year.  cold weather is going to be here sooner than i would like and i need to be ready for it.  it's just regular crochet but i only had the correct size needle in my tunisian hook set so that's what i'm using.  i'm actually farther along than this now, i've used 4 balls of yarn i think, or maybe i'm on my 4th one, not sure.  it's gonna be awesome when i get it finished.


ok back to my sulking corner for a while longer.  









1 comment:

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!