Saturday, April 05, 2014

Reheating Spaghetti

Since moving back to our house, we no longer have a microwave to cook or reheat food. Learning to reheat foods is a new thing for me.  Thought I'd share my success (and any not so successful) attempts.  Probably won't be many as we don't eat a lot at home, or I simply state that it will be cold.

So I fixed a big pot of spaghetti, and we had leftovers.  When it was time to reheat it I had a major dilemma.  How to reheat it.  The microwave we had was furnished with the apartment, and the one we had before moving to the apartment has been dubbed a craft microwave and is all icky.  Besides there really isn't room in the kitchen I have now  for a microwave, so we decided not to replace it.  I asked my friend how to heat it and she suggested water and reboiling the noodles, and heating the sauce in a sauce pan, since it wasn't mixed.  Then I had a bright idea....and was thinking about when we used to make Pasta Pizza.  I put a little Crisco in my biggest skillet and greased the bottom and sides.  I put the cooked pasta in, and added the sauce on top.  I added a little cheese so I could tell when it was heated.  I cooked it at 400* for.....I don't know how long I didn't time it.....but thankfully I remembered to check on it  LOL!  I'm going to say probably 10 minutes or so.  The cheese was melted and the pasta steaming hot.  It tasted amazing too.  Way better than leftovers warmed in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!