Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Miting -- Book Review

I don't like to write book reviews in general. "It was a good book" or "Loved it" is mostly my comments and review. Sometimes I read a really good book (in my opinion) and its worthy of a review.  The Miting was one of those books. It didn't take me too long to read either. Yes I got bored and lost in the middle somewhere but I had to know what happened.

Most Amish fiction is meh to read. I do enjoy reading it but many of them seem to be about the same thing..... Love and the teen years.  The Miting was different though. Much different.

The Amish community appears to many to be a perfect society. They are far from perfect.  Their communities are much like our own Englisher communities, with the same problems we have. However the Amish communities tend not to "air their dirty laundry" like the Englisher society does.

This story is about 2 old order Amish girls, Leah and Martha, who are best friends.  Martha's older stepbrother abuses her. She has lost all faith in her community.  Leah questions different things about her Amish faith and the ordnung.
I highly recommend reading this story.

*clicking on the image will take you to Amazon via my affiliate account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!