Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Blogmas 2014 Day 10 Cookies and Recipes

Chocolate Chip Cookies are my specialty.  I've got the recipe down. 
This makes 2 and a half dozen 1 ounce cookies.

1 stick salted butter
(at room temperature, my opinion this DOES make a difference)
3/4 cups sugar
2/3 cups brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups semi chocolate chips

Mix with a fork, by hand,  butter and both sugars
Add egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt.  Mix well
spoon out flour into mixing cup and level off, add to mixture, and mix well.
add chocolate chips, mix

use the butter paper to lightly grease your cookie sheet.  
I weigh each ball out to 1 ounce and place on cookie sheet
bake in preheated 325* oven for 10 minutes.  
(I bake mine in a convection oven, so you may need to adjust your time/temperature for your oven)

They will be puffy when they come out of the oven, I drop the cookie sheet on the table to flatten them.  
Let them sit on the cookie sheet a couple minutes so they start to firm up a little, then move to a wire rack to cool.  (I often just put some aluminum foil on the counter and let them finish cooling there.)

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies IF they last long enough.  ;-)

On a side note, a useless bit of information, chocolate chips weigh about 1/8 ounces each.  At least the ones I use do.


Baking the cookies




1 comment:

  1. Love chocolate chip cookies, I'll have to try your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!