Thursday, December 11, 2014

Blogmas 2014 Day 11 Christmas Menu

The Menu?  I haven't a clue!  Hubby has mentioned he wants his salad.  It's just a regular salad with chicken, bacon, cheese, lettuce.....and his special homemade chipotle vinaigrette dressing.  I would like to make bacon wrapped water chestnuts.  I have everything I need because I thought I was going to make them for Thanksgiving.  Maybe some homemade chocolate chip cookies.  I'm sure we will have chips and dips, that's a staple anyway.  We will probably go food shopping next week or the week after.  Take an evening and go out of town for a nice meal and shop for holiday goodies to last us through the New Year.

It probably depends on how much work we get done on the new building how much time I will have for fixing the specialties.

In the past couple years we have made homemade pizzas for Christmas.  Oh my those were delicious!  Hubby made a french dip pizza one year and it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!  

I know Christmas is just 2 weeks away, and sadly I don't have a plan, yet.

Linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:38 PM

    Sometimes the best things aren't organised weeks in advance! Your homemade pizzas sound yum and I'm intrigued by the french dip pizza (off to Google!)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iwillbloom.....We mixed horseradish and sour cream together to use as the "sauce". hubby cooked up a rib eye steak and we cut that up in chunks and then added some shredded swiss and mozzarella cheese. it was amazing!

      Delete
  2. Pizza for Christmas sounds good. My sons would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we put so much pressure on ourselves for big elaborate meals, but sometimes the simple ones are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your husbands salad sounds yummy!! My boys too would love homemade pizza at christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!