Sunday, January 11, 2015

I Hat a Great Time

Friday night a group of ladies, all of whom I know, but didn't know each other until last night, got together to knit and crochet.  I crochet, and kinda knit.  One of the ladies does AMAZING crochet. One Does AMAZING knit and can also do excellent crochet.  One was a beginner at crochet, and one was a beginner at knit but a little more advanced in crochet.

Anyway, we got together to make squares.  We were going to send them off to come charity organization, but decided to make them into lapghans ourselves and donate them to the local crisis pregnancy center and the homeless shelter.

The AMAZING crochet lady showed the beginner and the AMAZING knit lady how to crochet new stitches they weren't familiar with.  The AMAZING knit lady showed me and another lady how to knit a mitered square.  I've kinda mastered the basic knit stitch but get lost and confused.  LOL!

Here is my first knit mitered square.  It was made with Cream and Red cotton yarn (which was a new thing to me I've never used it before).

I have another one started.  Going for the same pattern as this one.  Don't ask me if I knitted or purled, I have no clue.  LOL!  I think I am going to try some knit projects.

We are meeting again this Friday, and it sounds like we may have  a few new people coming.

I think I started something with my "Create & Sell" goal for 2015, and sharing the pictures with my Facebook friends.

1 comment:

  1. Imlike to crochet mitered squares! Your knitted one is purty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!