Friday, March 27, 2015

Change in Plans

Yesterday I bought a pack of batteries for a job hubby went to do.  They cost me $9.78.  I think the store I went to purposely tries to trick you on the price.  When I look at the shelf, almost always the price is BELOW the item I'm purchasing.  This time the price was ABOVE the item.  I was a little irritated, but got them anyway because he needed them.  The price I thought I was paying for the pack was for a smaller pack, half the size I got. I got to thinking on the way back, and I could have bought 2 of the smaller packs and saved a penny or two.  I wasn't thinking in the store, I was just getting them and trying to get back so hubby could go do the job.  *note to me to pay a little more attention next time*



I went to the grocery store last night, and I must say I felt a bit ripped off with how much I got for what I paid.  I didn't get a whole lot of boxed/prepackaged stuff either, I went old school and am making much of my own.  Keep in mind I've not been actual grocery shopping in probably 3 years or so.  Prices have changed a LOT since then.  I'm used to bulk wholesale prices, which you don't get at the store.

SO what did I get?

I spent $28.35 at the grocery store

5# hamburger
2 boxes of store brand hamburger helper (cheaper than ingredients for from scratch)
2 bags of chips
a dozen and a half eggs
a loaf of bread
3-pack of yeast
a bag of shredded mozzarella cheese

From that I fried up 10 4oz hamburgers and the rest crumbled for the HH and maybe tacos
I fried up 8 eggs for egg sandwiches, the rest I want to make hard boiled eggs
I cooked some chicken I had on hand and am going to add it to some I already have cooked for sweet & sour chicken
I made a loaf of pizza bread, and burnt it, BUT the inside is good, so I'm thinkin just cut off the crust.  Going to try again for this since I now know my bread machine is only good for mixing, it don't heat/cook anymore

The above with things in the pantry and I'm hoping I'm good for a week.