Tuesday, March 24, 2015

$100 Challenge

I have been given a challenge.  Just like everyone else money has gotten incredible tight for us.  This has happened before and we swam out from under it and was out of debt.  We have done it before, we WILL do it again.
Here’s the challenge.  Since the credit cards are now off limits until further notice, we have gone cash only.  Hubby gave me $100 tonight and said make that go as far as you can.  I asked him if it was a challenge, and I accepted the challenge.  That $100 dollars has to buy food and non food items until I can’t squeeze any more out of that bill.  Thankfully we have a pretty well stocked pantry.  The challenge there is making meals that aren't bland or boring.

Tonight’s purchase (and the first on on the challenge) was 2 bags of cat litter. Hubby and I walked to the dollar store, and purchased 2 7# bags (cheaper than purchasing the 20# bag) for the cost of $2.21.  this leaves me with $98.20 (counting the change I already had in my purse) to last as long as I can stretch it.  

Are you in on the $100 challenge?  Comment and let me know.  Maybe we can help each other out along the way.