Monday, June 29, 2015


The weather in my neck of the woods:



Little cooler in the evenings, which is nice.  Looks like the 4th may be a little wet if we actually get the rain.  It may get hear earlier in the week too. 




Things that make me happy:
Getting out of town.  I really need to make a couple day plan and present it to Hubby and see if we can take a little vacation.

Menu for this week:
the sweet & sour chicken never got made, and neither did the crockpot creamed corn, SO, I guess those are on the menu again this week.  I need to go to the store for lunch and quick heat and eat things though.

What's on my TV today:
 YouTube videos on knitting maybe?  I know the basics but I really want to learn more.  I may watch some other videos as well.  I like to watch 20/20 episodes while I cook supper.


Looking around the house:
Right now my house is only 2 rooms, which is nice.  Only one room I am responsible for.  The floor needs cleaned, and the laundry needs washed.

On my To Do List Today:


Laundry tonight! grocery store tonight, and go to the gym tonight.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Sandra posted a Mexican Lasagna recipe that I would like to try.

In the craft basket:
I'm still working on the crochet afghan for my sister.  I've also been making some crochet and knit  potholders.  Some for me and some to sell. I want to learn more knit, so I am trying to work on that.

Looking forward to this week:
Friday nights are fun at the castle.  It's Game Night with the "Young Adults".
Saturday is the 4th of July!  Woo Hoo!  Sissss! Pop! Boom!  The city display.

Tips and Tricks:
We used some minwax stain on the stairs we build.  Dawn Dish soap worked really well for getting most, if not all the stain off my hands.

Currently Reading

"Winter's Awakening: Seasons of Sugar Creek, book one" by Shelley Shepard Gray *afilliate link*


No words needed (favorite photo or picture):




Lesson learned the past few days:


One lesson I haven't learned but I really need to work on a lot more is keeping my mouth shut and my comments about things to myself when customers are around.

On my mind:
First off, "What do beavers eat?"  I found that out this morning, they eat bark from trees and then plants and roots.  Second, find a cheap fun place we can get away for a day or two, and see if I can talk the hubs into doing it.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:


Linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

3 comments:

  1. Hope it is a great week for you - love that kitty picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda like our weather around here! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!