Tuesday, July 26, 2016

A Little Tunisian Crochet --- A WIP

I am almost to the half way mark on this shawl.  When I was attempting to knit it, it took me 4 or so months to get this far.  I also completely lost misplaced the bag the [knitted] project was in a few times.  I have done this Tunisian one in a few weeks, in between all the extra busy work and being too hot to do anything, and so far haven't misplaced it.  The more I crochet on it the more I like it.  It's a combination of 2 different Tunisian crochet stitches and it works up really fast.  Just 1 more row.....just 1 more row.....It's hard to stop.  LOL!   I am making this for a Christmas gift.  The person might get it before Christmas though, as it gets cool, then cold long before Christmas time.  It's going to be hard to give this away.  The farther I get on it the more I really like it.  Guess I will just have to make one for myself. 

I made a little video over a couple days time working on this project.  You can watch it here on YouTube it you'd like.  It's almost a 6 minute crochet time with music, not me talking.  So if you want to join in, grab your current WIP and come on over.  WATCH HERE

Oh for those who asked from my post yesterday....here's a sneak peek at the Tunisian Starlight Scarf.  I'm way past this point now. However, if I do decide to frog it and start over, I'll be here again. ;-)  The camera didn't do a good job at taking a good picture, I don't think anyway.  But you get the basic idea.

Note on this, not only do I think it's missing a stitch from a miswritten pattern, I also think going up a hook size would make it even better.  More fluffier in texture instead of stiff.   I will have to play around with it when get back to it......after the shawl is finished or when I need a change in project for a few days.






1 comment:

  1. Nice stitching work there. I used to do tunisian crochet but it hurts my hands to much anymore.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!