Thursday, December 01, 2016

Hard Boiled Eggs


One thing we really like is hard boiled eggs.....with or without being deviled.  It has taken me a few years (I don't make them all the time) but I finally have perfected making them.  Finally, most of the time, I can cook them perfectly and be able to shell them without tearing up the white.  It's the times I am distracted or trying to do too many things at once that I have a disaster and they don't peal right.

Here's how I make them.  I use my sauce pan.  As you can see I can cook 10 at a time.  I add enough water to just cover the eggs.  I add white vinegar and salt.  These I don't measure, but if I were to guess it's be about 1/8 to 1/4 cup vinegar and maybe a rounded tablespoon of salt?  I cover the pan with my slow cooker lid, it's clear and it fits perfectly on the pan, and wait for the water to boil.  I don't let it come to a rolling boil, but more than just the little bubble boil.  Maybe a medium boil.  Is there such a thing?  I then turn the heat down to low and let the eggs cook for 12 minutes.  When time is up I immediately run cold water in the pan to stop the cooking process.  I change the water several times since the eggs keep heating it up.  After a few times I add ice to the pan and fill with water until the water and ice are even.  This really cools down the eggs.  When the eggs are cold I then remove them and put them in the refrigerator. 

How do you make hard boiled eggs?

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!