Monday, December 05, 2016

HHM


Happy Monday Morning!!!!!!!  Thanksgiving is over and it's time to start thinking about Christmas.  Not to mention it's crunch time for homemade gifts.


As I look outside my window:::

When I got up at 7:30 to take my son to work it was 33* and foggy.  I could see just a bit farther than a block away.  After I got back I curled back up in bed for another 30 minutes.  When I got up the second time to head to open the shop I could see a lithe over 2 blocks.  Now it's almost noon and it's kinda gray and cloudy out.  Defiantly looks like winter weather is getting closer.
 
Right now I am::: 

eating lunch.  After I'm done eating I will be walking to the post office to get stamps and send out bills and I am sending a yarn package to a friend.  The yarn is actually from a lady in our crochet group.

Something funny from this past week:::
I am no longer allowed to tough the parmesan cheese can.  This past weekend we were busy making sandwiches at the Castle and I went to put some parmesan cheese in a container for a customer.  It had chunks so I [thought I had it closed] went to shake it to break up the chunks, and parmesan went EVERYWHERE!

Currently Reading:::
Listening to the Bible, I'm currently in Proverbs
Also I'm still reading A Perilous Proposal by Michael Phillips.  

On my tv:::
Still hoping to fish Land Girls on Netflix.  If our son doesn't want to pay the monthly subscription (he said he might) then we will be canceling it in a few days.

On my to do list today:::

Start chicken cooking for chicken noodle dinner later this week
pay bills
post office -- get stamps and send package off
pick up some moving blankets from harbor freight (to put over our doors upstairs)
work on the tunisian gloves for hubby
the usual thing care of customers 

Today's Lunch:::
Thought I'd share since I said I was eating lunch……loaded mashed potatoes, cookies and hubby and I are sharing a pepsi

Preparing for Cold weather:::
It's supposed to be here this week!  We have already put insulated ceiling tiles in some windows, and styrofoam insulation sheets in a could others.  Some have both.  All 3 sets of windows are covered in heavy clear plastic.  We have 2 space heaters, candles and THIS!  I took it up last night.  I Love it!  I had forgotten how neat they are to use.  It really lit up the room.
We are also trying to get ahead on kerosene for our back up heater, and I want to get more lamp oil for this lamp.



What I am crocheting:::
Today I plan on working on  that pair of tunisian stitch gloves I started for hubby.  I also still have that scrap tote in the works, and I started a tunisian elf hat.  I may or may not keep going on that.  I'm not too far along, but I don't really like the yarn I'm using.


From the camera:::

You know it's cold when your cat refuses to get out from under the covers.  She is sleeping in my son's room here, which is good since I keep telling her to go keep him warm.  LOL!



Prayer List:::

My niece.  She is in foster care and supposedly being adopted or being put in the guardianship of a family member.  please pray that this works out.  My niece turns 16 in January.

I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for HHM.  Go visit her and the rest of those who have joined in.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, the fog was here this morning too, crazy. But I do love how it looks :)

    I would die without my Netflix, I love it so much. Hope you finish Land Girls, it was such a good show :)

    I had a good chuckle at your Parmesan cheese hahaha

    Have a wonderful week Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that cat looks so comfy. It's supposed to get really cold here later this week as well, I'm sure we'll all want to be like that cat refusing to get out from under the covers. Praying it will all work out for your niece. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!