Monday, January 23, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday ~~ 1/23/17




As I look outside my window:::

When I got up at 7:30 there was frost on the windshield.  It's a bit chilly still. I'm ready for summertime!
 
Right now I am::: 

Hungry and looking forward to lunch. I have been working on some crochet to help distract myself. 

Something funny from this past week:::
I didn't know hubby had just filled the water filter pitcher. I went to pour a glass of water and water went everywhere!  Glad it was water instead of pop or sweet tea.

Currently Reading:::
"A Hidden Truth" by Judith Miller

On my to do list today:::

Not a whole lot really.  The usual thing care of customers, crochet, take library books back, hopefully go out of town tonight. 

Today's Lunch:::

Since yesterday's special at the castle was a flop we are eating the leftovers this week. No complaints at all except we would have rather sold out than eating it ourselves. Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy, and green beans. 

Preparing for Cold weather:::
It has been warm/cold/warm/cold. It can't seem to make up its mind. No real preparing because we have done quite well I think. Even when the temperature was negative wind chill we we warm. We do have an extra can of kerosene, thanks to the spring like weather we have been having off and on.  


What I am crocheting:::
Today I brought my modified Tunisian 10 Stitch Blanket. It's the same principle but I'm doing 30 stitches instead of 10 and I'm using a bigger hook.  It's a scrap yarn project and I'm using the many shades of brown I have. I'm calling it my 50 shades of brown blanket. 😄

From the camera:::

Picture of the above project.


Prayer List:::

My niece.  She is in foster care and supposedly being adopted or being put in the guardianship of a family member.  This still hasn't happened. She is still in foster care.

My grandpa, he is 97 and I've been told he is having a hard time. Ready to "go home".  We seen him a couple weeks ago and he still is doing good considering his age and ailments.

I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for HHM.  Go visit her and the rest of those who have joined in.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for your grandpa! And your neice as well. My niece has to be in a mental health facility. she has brain damage from her mom using drugs while pregnant. Love the crochet bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had the warm/cold/warm/cold weather as well. It's so strange although I'm soaking in the warm days. Hope things work out soon for your niece. Glad you were able to see your grandpa. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for your niece and Grandpa and you too, I can only imagine how hard all this is for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!