Monday, February 13, 2017

HHM 2/13/17




As I look outside my window:::

The sun is shining.   That's a plus.  It's only to get up to 57 today, and rain tonight.  57 is still a little on the chilly side for me.  70-80 is much preferred.
 
Right now I am::: 

Happy!  I was looking for a crochet pattern that I shared with friends and actually created, but never printed off the pattern.  After about a 2 hours search I finally found it.  I'm printing it off this time because I would like to make a few more.

Something funny from this past week:::
gosh, I can't remember anything.  I know something had to be funny.  I must need to find some mental brain exercises and do them.

Currently Reading:::
"The Bridesmaid" by Beverly Lewis I finally renewed my Kansas Library Card and dan download e-books again from the "cloud library"

On my to do list today:::

I need to print off a few things later, Clean the cat box, and well I found the pattern I was looking for, and hopefully go out of town.  I have a slouchy hat finished that I just need to sew in the tails, for an order, and I am currently working on another ordered slouchy.

Today's Lunch:::
We ate McDonalds:-/ I know, I know.....I had fries and a quarter pounder with a cuppa hot vanilla caramel tea.

Preparing for Warm weather:::
It has been warm/cold/warm/cold. It still can't seem to make up its mind. We seem to be having more warm days than cooler days though and the nights haven't been as cold.  BUT With it getting warmer it means it's nearing open window season.  We can't afford new windows, and our windows are old, old, old. It's the original widows and the building was build in 1920.  You can imagine what the wood is like.  I had an idea to replace the top windows (where most of the trouble is at) with painted thin wood, something like paneling, and framing up like we did the one we fixed last fall with boards holding the window up but still allowing the bottom window to open. This would also allow homemade screens to be set in the windows.  Hubby liked my idea so we shall see how it goes.  It would make it look nicer and would help keep heat/cold out.  Sorry if it's hard to understand.  If we do it I will share pictures.


What I am crocheting:::
I'm working on another slouchy hat for an order.   I'm thinking I want to make the new pattern instead of this one.  The customer hasn't prepaid, and just wanted a slouchy with a bigger "bag" for their dreads.  The other pattern might be cooler looking.  We shall see.


From the camera:::



Something I Recently Made:::
So I had some strawberries I wanted to use and it just seemed like a waste to just eat them.  I found this Cobbler recipe on Pinterest and thought Why Not?  Hubby and I ate almost the whole thing.  There is 1 serving each left.


Praise/Prayer List:::

PRAISE, my boys and a friend of theirs made a weekend trip to Pennsylvania for a Magic the Gathering Grand Prix event.  They arrived and returned safely.

PRAISE  My sister has a job!  She was jobless for several weeks.

Prayer that hubby and  can get well.  We both have a little of the cruddy stuff that's going around.

Prayer My grandpa, he is 97 and still hanging in there.

Prayer My niece....still in foster care but in constant contact with family.


I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for HHM.  Go visit her and the rest of those who have joined in.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting.

2 comments:

  1. Great praises and prayers going up for your and your hubby's healing, your grandpa, and niece. Your kitty is adorable! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our weather is also unpredictable hot/cold/wind/rain. I hope you and hubby are feeling well soon. I just got over being sick and now My son is the last to get sick, He stayed home today and has been asleep all morning. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!