Monday, June 19, 2017

HHM ~~ 6/19/17

  Good afternoon everyone!  I'm in one of those moods today.  Just can't get my mind off wanting to take off and go and go and go.  You know, be a nomad.  *sigh*  Well I'm trying, honest I am.  So here's a little about my day:   It's such a nice last day of spring.  Tomorrow is the first day of summer you know.  The weather is much cooler than they said it would be.  There is a slight breeze and the clouds are helping keep the sun from heating the concrete up. I'm not complaining.  It's fine with me that it's cool enough the AC doesn't have to be turned on at the shop and probably not at the castle tonight either.  Fans will do.  I left the curtains open upstairs to let the cool breeze in.  Hopefully we can "keep the cool in" for a few days after it warms up again. Today for lunch Hubby had a "deluxe" (lettuce tomato onion) bologna sandwich and a jalapeno sausage.  I had 2 "deluxe" bologna sandwiches but with cheese also.  We had unsweet iced tea to drink. I really need to decide what I want to fix for suppers this week.  Not much money from last week so I can't be lazy.  I also need to decide lunches.  Preferably crockpot meals for the evening, that way it's ready or nearly ready when we get home.  leftovers or bologna sandwiches will work for us for lunches.  Tonight I think we will have bacon sandwiches.  Hubby suggested it.  We did it last week and it was really good.  We got a bunch of bacon super cheap, so why not.  It's good bacon, but it's ends and pieces so they aren't thin uniform slices.  Some are thin some are almost a half an inch thick.  We also have a bunch of pasta samples, so I think I will get some spaghetti sauce and have a pasta sampler one evening.  That's two, just need another couple meals. Today I have a few things I nee to do after I get home.  I have already sent out a couple invoices and have taken a short walk to the post office to buy stamps and send those out.  While I was there I walked a bit farther and dropped the water bill payment into the drop box instead of taking it to the city building (which is across from the post office).  It was a nice walk.  Tonight I have a few more laundry items to wash and I need to put away the laundry I washed last night.  Probably grocery shopping as well. I haven't much been in the crochet or reading mood here lately.  I keep wanting to start a new crochet project but I have been able to refrain.  I really would like to get my uncle's camo blanket finished so I can give it to him the next time I see him.  I'm maybe 2-3 blocks into the row after the half way point.  It could be that it's been hot that I haven't wanted to crochet, I'm not sure.  Anyway, it's cooler so maybe tonight? Want to hear something funny?  Last week we ate at Mazzio's when we went to get lumber. They weren't very busy and the buffet pizza was cold.  I kept watching for new pizzas to come out.  Finally more customers started to show up and they pulled a pizza out of the oven and I told hubby "they are cutting one in the kitchen"  He busted up laughing. Oh yah, a kitchen tip.......Same as last week only sauces.  Pizza Sauce and diced tomatoes.  We don't always use a whole can.  We divide the #10 can up into 3 quart sized zippy bags and freeze what we don't need at the time.  We have found that the quart size bag is about the right portion for a week of sales etc. We really haven't done much to prepare for warm weather.  Not sure what else we can do right now.  We still need to fix the screen in the boy's room.  We weren't able to get all the boards we need last week.  I did get the metal shelfs we used last year and opened his window,  It has helped a lot, but it's a pain to open/close the window when it rains.  Also I need to figure out a way to cover the top windows to help keep the sun from coming in.  I'm thinking about putting up come colorful construction paper sheets and put some aluminum foil on the inside.  I'd love to put the foil directly on the window, but I don't want to blind the people across the street or create a glare for anyone driving down the street.  I may try and do that this week  I will have a little extra time I think.  I just have to find the construction paper. Well I hope you enjoyed your visit.  I hope to see you again soon. I'm linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom  today.