Saturday, June 17, 2017

Up In The Air

I'm really up in the air about things.....I'm not sure what to do. 2 of the 3 companies I applied as an affiliate with to sell yarn/craft supplies have denied me.  One their site was messed up and they never responded to my plea for help and the other it ha something to do with the tax laws in Kansas or something like that.  Still waiting on #3 but I have a feeling it will be a tax law thing too.  Those 3 reasons are why I moved my blog off blogger and to my own server.  I don't have time to go visit other blogs and read/comment like I should to build a "community" here.  Blog stats here are probably more real than they are on blogger, and sometimes the only day I have any views is Monday when I link to HHM.  Is blogging just past it's prime?  Are more people vlogging and watching/listening instead of reading?  I have several youtube videos and even without trying very hard I have generated some income (not enough to be paid yet) from monetizing most of my videos. BUT.........Videos take time if I want to edit multiple clips together. Video's need some mount of quietness without interruption if I just want to record and upload.  Then there is the issue of what do I record with?  only 2 of my mobile devices work where the volume is loud enough, and one is my cell phone, the other is an iPad.  The problem there is where/how do I hold them while I am recording something like a how to or showing a wip or finished project?  These are things I have thought about.  Another is content.  I can tell you now about something that happened way back, possibly share pictures.  Doing a video is a bit different.   What do you all think?  I can't decide.  That's why I always bounce back and forth between doing things, trying to get one or the other working.  If you want to visit my YouTube channel that'd be awesome.  HERE's THE LINK I'm thinking maybe trying videos again.  So if I disappear here for a while....go check there.