Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Nomad Thoughts Class A

Yes for real I’m a wannabe!  It all started about 5 or so years ago when I stumbled on the idea of living full time in a vehicle of some sort.  I have had a couple people tell me that I couldn't do it, or I wouldn't last very long.  Those are "fighting words" and make me want to do it even more just to prove them wrong.  Read my thoughts and ideas on the Nomadic Lifestyle tag.  
I know I don't talk much about this but I do want to give it a try some day. I still watch YouTube videos of nomads and am on several Facebook groups for nomads. I try to not obsess so much but it's hard sometimes. So Since we have to start somewhere, the first thing to decide is what kind of "rig" or "home on wheels" do I want? I know positively for sure I do not want anything big like a bus or fancy class A. (link to luxury Motorhomes, no affiliation, just for reference) Woo they are F.A.N.C.Y!  So fancy they don't offer pricing.  I'm pretty sure that's the manufacturer's page since it has a link to "find a dealer". Finding the closest dealer to me looks like they run about $258,000 and that's for a 2016 model.  I don't have that kind of money.  That is way fancier than my current home. That thing is HUGE!  It's 40' in length!  That's almost 8 of me long.  It does have air horns though LOL! I can't see myself driving that monster thing let alone living in it. My tastes aren't that refined I guess.  I can imagine the insurance on it wouldn't be too cheap (I haven't researched insurance). I bet filling up with fuel isn't cheap either. I feel uncomfortable going to visit people who have really nice houses, so I would probably feel uncomfortable in a Class A as well. Nope, a Class A motorhome isn't for me.  I plan on discussing other types of mobile dwellings, so don't to stop back by.