Tuesday, June 06, 2017

Crockpot Philly's

Crock-Pot Philly's​ are amazing!  So easily made too. The best part is having supper nearly ready when you get home.       I doubled the recipe and we actually got 2 meals out of it. 2# beef (I just use what is on sale) 1 envelope onion soup mix 1 can beef broth 6 (at least) hoagie rolls 6-12 Cheese slices (we used Swiss) I used fresh sliced onions, green and red bell peppers and sliced fresh mushrooms. I don't know quantity because we also cut them up for making stir fry at the same time. Put it all I. Your Crock-Pot on low for about 6 hours. The left over broth would be amazing made into vegetable beef soup.  I have not done this but I just might next time I make this. Hubby and I just dipped bread in it.  We have always called that "sop". I buttered and toasted our rolls in the oven then added the beef/veggie mixture and covered it with cheese. I stuck it back in the oven to melt the cheese. These are amazing!  Every time I make them there never seems to be enough. Linked with Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for Cooking Thursday