Monday, November 05, 2018

It’s Time to Get Ready For Cold Weather ~~ Prepping for Winter

Cold weather is just around the corner here. Upper 30’s start tonight and low 20’s are just a couple days away. Burrrr! Thankfully as of the current forecast we aren’t to get any snow. If we do it shouldn’t amount to much at all. So what have I done to prepare for winter?  Well I've gotten out my candle holders and washed the globe on my hurricane lamp. Candles are fun to watch, can smell good, and they put off heat.   I did buy a few scented tea light candles from the dollar tree today. I’ll share about them in another post.

We also have a camping awning over our bed. It’s not anything fancy just a lower "roof" than our actual ceiling. Maybe I should note most of our time is spent in this room. Most of the remaining time is spent at work.
On 2 sides, the side towards the windows and the side towards the door, I have added sheets along the frame of the awning. I have safety pinned it so we can easily slide it back and forth.


I do plan to add sheets on the other 2 ends. Inside this little room in a room is the bed, a dresser, and a space heater. Be watching for more ways we get ready for cold weather.