Friday, November 09, 2018

Prepping for Winter ~~ More in the Bedroom

I love to use my hurricane lamp and candles not only for heat but also for light.  I wasn't feeling safe after adding the blanket the other night so I found an old mirror that was left behind upstairs and polished it up and put it behind the dresser.  (when I say old, I mean actual antique mirror.  It's painted with silver on the back)  Not only does it hold the blanket back at a safe distance, it also makes the light brighter.

Fuzzy, our cat, has a bad habit of using the bed as a litter box when she isn't getting her way.  Part of it I think is she is lonely because she mostly only sees us at night when we are sleeping.  I used the last of our clear plastic (we bought for the windows) and pieced it together to make a cover for the bed.  I'm going to see how she behaves now.  Hopefully she is good and doesn't find someplace else to be naughty.

One half was a little extra long and I had another piece left over from something else, so I pieced them together.  It fits nicely here in the corner by the window where thee blankets don't meet.  I just tucked it in over the rails.  It's behind the dresser and there is a box fan holding the other side.

Slowly making progress.  I have 1 more "wall" to make.  I have been able to keep it about 20 degrees warmer in our "tent" than the temperature outside.  Every little bit helps.