Thursday, March 03, 2022

Tunisian Honeycomb Stocking Hat Bottom Up In The Round (Adult Size)

 


Here's my basic instructions to make this hat

I used redheart favorite stripes for my main color and white for my return color

Double End "I" hook,

2 colors of yarn

chain 80

Without twisting, join to make a circle TSS around using DE hook to make return stitch. (80)

Use whatever "ribbing" stitch you would like for 2 inches (6 rows for me),  I used the rib stitch for this hat.  On last row Return stitch through both loops on the last 2 stitches. (79 stitches on the last row)  This makes the odd number required for the honeycomb stitch.

Start the honeycomb stitch and continue for a total hat height of about 6".

Increase 1 stitch on the last row of your honeycomb stitch. (back to 80 stitches)

Using TSS, tss the first 6 stitches then  the 7th and 8th stitches together continue around.

continue decreasing until you have a small opening (4-6 stitches) at the top.  Cut your yarns and put them inside the hat.  Turn it wrong side oud and use the return color, continue going in the same direction and run it through the loops.  Pull it tight and tie the 2 ends together.  

Mine curled  so I crocheted a single row of single crochet around the bottom.

My hat measured right around 8" tall 


Very basic instructions I know.  If you have any questions please ask.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!