Sunday, January 07, 2024

New Year New Ideas

 We are now 7 days into January 2024. I don’t like to set specific goals or make resolutions because I usually hit a bump and fall off the bandwagon pretty quickly. The words Goals and Resolutions me feel like I'm obligated to complete said tasks or fail.

This year I want to make changes instead.  The word Changes doesn’t sound as intimidating. So what “Changes” would I like to make in 2024?

1. I will make a final YouTube video showing the 100 hats for the local preschool. After that video I will probably not post to YT again  I will post any future videos to my Rumble Channel, as well as posting then here on my blog.  Posting the videos here as well allows my blog readers to watch and comment without creating a Rumble account.  You can watch Rumble videos without an account, however you cant’t comment on them.  For me this Rumble/Blog combination is win win for both of us  🧶  (I will still watch YT channels/videos  though)

2. I will do my best to make healthier food choices and make healthier meals for Hubby and Myself.  This will also include finding simple recipes with minimal ingredients we both like to eat. It also includes relearning how to cook nearly all meals  from scratch to eliminate most prepackaged, processed foods. 

2. I will do my best to walk at least 5,000 steps a day. I know this probably seems low but I have to start somewhere and expecting too much from myself at first can be overwhelming.  Baby steps. I can always up that number when I am consistently reaching my goal every day. To be honest that goal is usually reached or exceeds that goal most of the week. So overall I probably do get 35,000 +  steps in for a week, just not 5,000 every day.

3. I will continue reading my Bible every day.  I have been doing this for several months with almost 100% success.  I tend to get super tired and have trouble focusing when I read, which I know is satan trying to keep me from reading. I started out reading 5 day devotionals on a Bible app. Once i was consistent with that I moved to 7 day devotions and so on. I am current on a 31 day devotional and still “on track”. Praise the Lord‼️  I will continue to use the devotionals and also want to add listening to an audio Bible several days or more a week.

4.  I will keep crocheting and knitting things to donate. The local preschool really appreciates the hats.  I always complain about the amount of work it takes Me to make that many hats. I want to complain less and crochet/knit with a happier heart and better attitude about helping others be warmer in cold weather.  

5. Lastly, at least for now, I want to be consistent at blogging here and sharing my yarny projects, progress, ups, and downs, updates, progress, ups and downs on my other changes for this year, and maybe more.  I hope my YT yarny friends I made over the years on YT will join me here at my current “home on the web” and enjoy seeing my projects and ideas. If you have made it this far, make sure you bookmark my blog and check back often so you don't miss anything. 

Thank you for stopping by. Leave me a comment, and I will see you soon in another post. (Probably the 100 hat video sometime this week (posted to YT, Rumble, and posted here as well), fingers crossed. 🤞

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!