Pages

Wednesday, September 04, 2024

Hats for Preschool

It's that time of year again, rounding up the hats for a local preschool  I currently have  60/100 in the tote. I am guessing a good 50 of those my Mom made before she went to live in a retirement center (nursing home).  My sister went to visit her a couple weeks ago and said the hats she was seeing that mom had were little pointy hats that were too small for preschoolers, maybe event too small for a baby.  It's sad she isn't able to make a hat, but at least she is still crocheting and keeping her mind somewhat occupied.

This past week I made what I call "addi blanks".  I crank out the panels and then take them with me to close off and finish later.

2 different dollar tree yarns,  The green is "sage" unsure what color the orange is.

RedHeart Americana I was surprised my Addi accepted this yarn, it usually doesn't like RedHeart yarn,

Some Yarn Bee Baby yarn.  Unsure of the color.  This will be a smaller hat as it was a size 3 weight and I kept a pretty tight tension on it.  It should be OK tough.  Honestly I think it would stretch enough to fit me.

Loops & Threads Prints (I think)  Believe this is called Bisque.  IT was a size 5 yarn but it worked up beautifully.  I used very little to no tension on this.  It is super thick and should be super warm.


I will probably work on finishing these up this weekend.   My goal is to have 100 hats made by the 1st Sunday in November.  Hopefully it doesn't get too cold before then.  They like to wait til it gets cold before they hand them out.

 

I thought it might be fun to look back through the years and see what "past me"  posted on the same date.  All links open in a new window so you can easily come back here. Enjoy!  P.S. some old posts have missing pictures and links may be dead or non existent.  

On this date: No previous posts for September 4

Thanks for stopping by 💙🧶


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!