Saturday, June 14, 2014

Mission Accomplished! Sunshine & Sparkles

 I don't know where the week goes.  I post HHM, and then  POOF!  before I know it it's time, or almost time to post it again.  I'm looking forward to the upcoming days off we are taking.  It's been way too long since we had more than a holiday day off.

The morning sun has a habit of warming the kitchen and the whole house up by early morning, before the late afternoon sun starts heating from the other side. Last week we actually had a few hot days (90* temps) before the rain came again and cooled things off for a few days.  The morning sun was already making the kitchen feel stuffy at 8 am when I got up.  My solution.....I nailed an older towel up in the window.  I still get enough light to do most of what I do in the morning, but it also blocks a majority of the heat that comes in,  Here is a before and after of the kitchen window.


Last week I attempted a cool metallic duct tape phone pouch for hubby since his regular one finally broke.  It wasn't as successful as I had hoped.  *sigh*  The belt loop on it broke within a few hours.  So I cut that part off and took it to put my old phone.....now a mini tablet..... in (not the phone pictured).  Today I made the pouch on the left for my ear buds and a few other items that get lost in my purse.

I'm thinking I want to get some more duct tape to make more pouches for those items that often get lost in my purse.  

Have you made any duct tape crafts?  Share your link in a comment I'd love to see what you've done.  It might even give me more ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!