Friday, October 25, 2013

Cinnamon Apple Rings — Dehydrator

So I found this recipe on the Excalibur web site for cinnamon apple rings.  I bought stevia like recommended, and mixed the cinnamon and stevia together but did not care for the result, to I tossed that out and went with plain old sugar and cinnamon.
I chose 3 different types of apples, Fuji, Granny Smith, and Gala.
image
I cored and sliced up 3 of each apple, skins on so I could tell later which one they were.
image
1 apple fit on the drying rack, and I sprinkled cinnamon sugar over them
image
put them in the dehydrator at 130* for 7-14 hours.  Mine was dried in 7, thankfully. :-D
image
I left a mess on the counter.  I dipped my end pieces in the cinnamon sugar and at them before cleaning up my mess.
image
this morning I had a gallon zippy bag full of dried cinnamon apple rings.
image
Granny Smith, Fuji, and Gala.  Which one will taste the best?  They all taste good, really really good, but my personal opinion the Gala has the best flavor of the 3 I dried this time.
image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!