Monday, January 06, 2014

Pride Goeth Before Destruction

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

That verse has been on my mind most of the day. I can see how my pride and selfishness has put us in our current situation. We will not be buying a house after all. We have told the friend who has been living in our house (while we have been renting a nice apartment) our situation and they will be looking for a new place to live.   

That makes the most logical decision since we own the house. Instead of spending a few less we will be saving a lot.  Its a small house, we lived there for 4 years, I think, and it was crowded. Now there is 1 less of us so maybe we can make it work.

I'm sad to ask our friend to move but there isn't any other logical situation right now.

Tonight I read Genesis 31. Interesting enough where I'm listening at while I go to sleep isn't too far off from where I am reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!