Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Birds and Blooms in my Yard

I have some new blooms.....The peonies are beautiful and smell amazing!


Welcome to my jungle!


Roses.  Do you see the poison ivy next to them?  The big leaf with the brown spot on the left.  I didn't even know it was there until hubby pointed it out.  The I was the one who got to pull it up, with a grocery bag over my hand of course, since I seem to be the only one not affected by it.


MMMmmmm Honeysuckle!


More roses


The yucca plant will be blooming soon.  I can't wait!


Not in my yard, but in the vacant lot next door.  These irises are at least 3 feet tall, maybe a little taller.

Monday night we had some birds visit.  I posted on facebook because I didn't know what the one on the right was.  My friends decided it was a brown thrasher.  Of course that is Mr. Cardinal on the left.


Here is a pair of those thrashers.  My friends said they are "low-lifes" and have nests in bushes and close to the ground.  Yep....I got a jungle and lote of bushy places for them. 


and last but not least, here is Mrs. Cardinal and the thrasher.

It makes me happy having birds and flowers and a yard.  I so so so missed it when we lived in the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!