Monday, June 02, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday ~~ 6/2/2014

Start: 8:56m

The weather..... rain is still in the forecast.  Other than that it looks pretty good.  Tuesday and Wednesday look a little warm.  We haven't turned the AC on yet.  Don't plan on it anytime soon either.


Right now I am.... sitting at the shop.  Hubby is getting ready to head out on a couple jobs.   I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to make a cup of coffee.  I do, but I don't.

On my Kindle... Since it's been 2 weeks (last week being a holiday weekend) I've read a couple books.  I read Edge of Light, The (At Home in Beldon Grove Book #1) (Which is still FREE as of Today 6/2/14).  I also read The Miting, which I wrote a review about (for me writing reviews is rare, you know it was a really good book if I write a review).  Currently I am reading Hidden (Sisters of the Heart, Book 1).  I have 3 different formats I read from, Kindle, and 2 different readers from my library. So many books......so little time. :-)

On the menu this week...... Never know until I get asked to cook something.  LOL!  I do know I need to restock on the quick to fix things like cereal and milk, bread (for egg sandwiches), etc.

On the Radio.... nothing right now, just the hum of the fluorescent lights, the snap crackle pop of the metal roof expanding as the day gets warmer, and the cars driving by.

TV on my Computer..... I haven't watched much lately.


What I found while surfing the net.... Mostly just been house and commercial building shopping.  We are still a long way from moving, but as of right now I have the houses narrowed down to 2.  I almost bet those sell before we are ready to go.  However something will be available, that is just perfect, when it is time.

On my to do list today....
clean cat boxes tonight
buy cat litter
dry the towels I washed last night
start going through the piles of bags in the bedroom and purge what we don't want/need  

Looking forward to this week.... I think we are going out of town tonight.  We dropped the car off to get 2 new tires (the wires were showing *EEK!*).  Also later in the week going to the free clothing exchange at our church.  I need some new summer things.

As I look outside the window..... the sun is shining, there is a little traffic on Main Street, I hear a lawnmower.  The windows could use a good cleaning both inside and out.

Looking around the house.... Looks a LOT, and I do mean a LOT better.  I got the bathroom cleaned last night, the living room still is clean, it just needs vacuumed.  The dishes are clean (except what the boy uses today), the kitchen needs vacuumed. (yes I hate carpet in the kitchen!)  The bedroom isn't bad, just need to work on getting the bags sorted from moving.

From the camera.......  

can you believe the bathroom picture is the ONLY picture I've taken recently?  Well OK, maybe it wasn't the only picture, but it's the only one still on my phone that I can will share.  LOL!  



On my prayer list.....
  • My grandpa (he's 95 years old now)
  • My sister
  • My Uncle T
  • Business decisions
  • quick cleaning out of the old house
  • quick selling of the old house and our vacant lot in the country, AND the house we are currently living in.
  • Finding the perfect house/location to move to
  • My Reecie Kitty

  This post linked to Happy Homemaker Monday over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

Finish: 10:00am......and I think I will go make that coffee after all.  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like great but warm weather. We are faced with lots of rain yet again. Which is really odd for Louisiana this time of year.

    Good luck on finding a house as y'all get ready to move.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!