Saturday, August 02, 2014

Some Random Thoughts

Here it is Saturday already.  Friday was a GOOD DAY!  We got to open back up our soda shop/arcade.  Therefore I was busier, and more tired when I got home.

Sandra posted recently about Wanting to turn back time.  I Love that post!!!!!!!  I can relate very well.

I've tried several times to leave Facebook, but because it's how we reach a majority of our customer base for our businesses, it's difficult to just up and leave.  I am still an avid Twitter fan though.

I have gone AWOL from it several times and other than one page I am following (local lady and her son were severely injured in a car wreck back in April, and they update her therapy progress and the son's progress on Facebook) and the few friends I talk to, who I just can't seem to talk into moving to some other type of messaging format, and the ease of hollering for HELP when needed between the businesses, it's hard to totally leave.

Anyway Sandra mentioned how blogs used to be the "social media"  I used to LOVE reading blogs.  I started blogging way back here on blogger (back when it was blogspot, for the boys' flat traveler adventures.  That was around 2004 I think.  It was so much easier and more cost effective to blog daily and add pictures than to write everything down on paper and spend a fortune to return the visiting traveler.  From there I ventured out and created several homeschool blogs, using blogger and homeschoolblogger.  There I blogged about our school day, what we were doing, etc.  It was the thing to do.  From there I deleted all those blogs, and created my own blog here on blogger.  I moved it to my own domain, bounced around here and there between blogging formats, deleting, copying, exporting, changing blog names a few times, and even trying a personal/business blog.

The first of this year, I decided to come back to blogger and STAY PUT.  I salvaged some posts from 2013.  Recipe posts mainly, and a few book review posts (I think) from my old blog.  It's still there by the way, but many posts have been deleted or put on "draft" status instead of being published.

Why did I bounce around so much?  I think I was just trying to fit in.  I wanted to be popular and have thousands  of readers and make a lot of online friends.  For me it just didn't work out that way.  I have made a few bloging friends and those that are still around I check their blogs and try to comment.

Also at times I thought I was telling too much.  Posting too much information about family, business, work, etc.

I don't think of myself as a great blogger, and I know I'm not good with words.   I know I'll probably never be popular like some and have thousands of readers, but I do appreciate those who stop by and leave comments.  It always puts a smile on my face.

Another thing, it seems like all the blogs I tend to read or am attracted to are homemaking blogs and stay at home mom blogs  I'm far from a homemaker, and may never be a stay at home mom.  My kids are grown now, and all through their growing up both Hubby and I worked.  Half way through we started our own business and now have an additional business (no employees at either, it's just us) and we work more hours now than we did before.  Kind of by choice and kind of out of necessity just to make ends meet.

I need to find more blogs to read, that are posted to regularly, and that will encourage me.  Being self employed leaves me feeling lost and like I have no friends, because we can't go out and do things, or participate in events, etc.  Not being open = no income.  *sigh*

I'm not trying to sound whiny and complain.  I don't know how tiring being a homemaker is, and there is a good possibility you don't know how tiring being self employed is.

Some time back I decided to participate each week with a Happy Homemaker Monday post.  It irritated me because the topics, didn't really apply to me because I wasn't a homemaker.  I decided to do it anyway, and combined business and home in the post.  I think it helps give a better perspective of me, of who I am, and what I do.  Many of those posts state that you don't want to look at my house.  It's almost always messy!  Now I actually look forward to Monday and posting that post, whether I can report my house is clean or "beware don't come visiting".  LOL!

I think things are pretty boring around here.....seems like all I do is work and sleep and sneak in reading time, here and there, and try to keep clean clothes, at least in a separate basket than the dirty ones.  Every day is nearly the same.  Probably like yours!  LOL!

Enough rambling.  You're probably bored by now.  LOL!  I DID add the "reactions" to the posts, that way, if you're like me, and don't always have something to comment, at least you can "like" the post in some way. ;-)

See you on Monday for HHM!

P.S.  I wrote this at work.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!