Friday, December 12, 2014

Blogmas 2014 Day 12 Christmas Around Here


Much like several blogs I visited before posting (there were 8 links) we are brown/green too.  We had some snow around Thanksgiving time, but it appears we won't have a white Christmas. Temperatures for the next 10 days look to be in the 40's/50's with a chance for rain here and there.  

The last white Christmas we had was I believe back in 2008 maybe?  It's been a while.  I remember that particular year it was snowing on Christmas eve when we closed up shop (early of course, like probably around 3:00 in the afternoon).  By the time 5:00 rolled along hubby had made the decision he WAS NOT going out on any calls.  The snow by then was at least mid-calf.  By the time it was done it was knee high.  The town was pretty much shut down for 2 days.  Seems like we maybe had 2 feet of snow, but don't hold me to that.  It's a rare thing when it happens.

I haven't been out and about to take many pictures this year. Too much going on.
Here are the decorations downtown.  You can see pretty much how most Christmases are.  Brown and cold.


  

Linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

2 comments:

  1. I love the light up snowflake flags. Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love to see how different towns decorate. Beautiful lights :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!