Friday, January 23, 2015

I know, I've been MIA

Ya I know I haven't posted in over a week, but there has been no time.  If you knew what all has been going on you'd shake your head and wonder what in the world we are thinking.  LOL!  We've been working, between both businesses and the building 16 hours a day most days.  We have changed our hours a little so we aren't spread so thin, but we've still been working.

We bought a building back in November to move Cosmic Castle into (read all about it HERE and keep up on the progress) and we are working hard to get the upstairs cleaned out.  It was so messy with fallen plaster and just trash and much more that it was hard to walk through at first.  WE have recycled a lot of stuff, and thrown a lot of stuff out.  We are down to the things we can't (or aren't supposed to) put in a regular dumpster, so we rented a roll-off.   I had to call the city and get special permission to have it "parked" on the street for a week (hopefully less).  We've tossed out toilets and broken furniture and bunches of carpet......and lots of plaster.  Last night I swept and shoveled and hubby took buckets down to put in the dumpster.  This isn't a very good picture, since there is no electric upstairs and we are doing everything by flashlight, but look at this floor!

Absolutely AMAZING!  Thankfully it has been preserved under plaster and trash.  Most of the floor upstairs looks good.  The goal is to put the things we want to keep/recycle in the room we cleaned out last night, and clean a few more rooms to store the seasonal things for The Castle, THEN make room for us to live upstairs.  Probably gonna be pretty primitive at first.  I'm always up for an adventure though.  

SO now you know what I've been doing in my absence, and if I don't blog for a while, rest assured I'll be back, but I'm probably busy moving and cleaning.

I do have a couple of crochet projects I have finished that I need to share about.  One is a little girl's purse and the other is hair ties.  I'm currently working on cute little flowers to make into a spring crochet garland.



1 comment:

  1. Wow, you've been super busy! I can't imagine working by flashlight. Good luck with all the moving and cleaning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!