Saturday, March 14, 2015

Menu? What's that?

I haven't made a menu up in 3+ years.  We always ate at work......now that we aren't serving food right now, eating out is getting a bit expensive.  I've decided to make a menu and make some homemade meals.  Being the busy person I am I'm looking at slow cooker things that I can make ahead and heat/prep later.



So this morning I went to the store.  I don't really have an actual MENU but I bought things we can cook ahead (in the slow cooker) and reheat later.  Mostly lunch items, since the evening meal isn't as hard to prep for.  We just decide what we want, go get the ingredients and make it.

Here's what I bought:


  • Roast.  Came with 2 on the tray.  One for Sunday dinner (roast & taters) and one to cook up for tacos, burritos, nachos, etc.
  • Small bag of potatoes (for roast and taters DUH!)
  • tray of boneless skinless chicken breast to cook up same as the roast for nachos, burritos, etc.
  • shredded cheese blend
  • flour tortillas
  • snack crackers
  • couple packages of hot pockets
  • bottled water (the city water is yucky)
  • bananas
Wish me luck :-)  The vegetables for the burrito's will be purchased as we need them so they don't go bad before we use them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!