Thursday, June 04, 2015

A Little Light

So I bought some solar sidewalk lights to set on the stairs at night. I got these at the Dollar Tree for $1 each.  Makes going up the stairs much easier too.  I set them on the stairs with the solar side down and put one at the stair just before the middle landing, one half way up the second set and one on the stair just before the top. I was using all 4 but one of the star n stripe lights needs a new battery or some adjusting.  The silver ones are better than the stars n stripes ones.  They are sturdier and brighter.

I got a bunch of blankets out of storage. They are nasty moldy smelling. Last night I took 4 and walked to the laundry mat.  Of these 4, two have been added to windows upstairs to help block/keep out the summer sun.  You see, we don't have air conditioning, just a single fan for 2 rooms to share.

One of the blankets went here. There are also blackout curtains under the checker curtains. I'm considering a heavier blanket after I get more washed.  The other blanket I put up was in the other room in the window I wasn't able to get blackout curtains for. I do want to add another heavy blanket or two in the other room as well after they are washed.

Guess that means another trip to the laundry mat real soon because our temps are supposed to be in the upper 80's and lower 90's for the next 10 days or more.  After all it IS summer time, what should I expect, right?  

Thanks for stopping by, come back soon 


1 comment:

  1. I like your solar lights. I got some room darkening curtains for the living room. That afternoon sun is wicked!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!