Thursday, July 30, 2015

Out of Milk App Review

Well, there was a change in plans tonight.  We ended up going out of town to pick up a really sweet Craigslist deal.  SO, we ended up eating out.  The pizza and hamburger didn't get made.
SO that means tomorrow I will be putting the Ravioli's in the crockpot for us to eat.  Also I might not be able to blog the next few days because we will be open and have "guests" until the wee hours of the morning both nights.

So tonight instead of telling you how awesome my pizza was, I am finally going to tell you about the out of milk grocery app I use.  it is available on Android, Iphone, and Computer.  I also have it on my original Kindle Fire .  You can sync between devices, edit, share grocery lists and so much more.

Here are a couple screen shots from my android app.  This is my most recent trip to the grocery.  I love how it adds what is in your cart, and includes sales tax.  It also tells you any dollar amount you have left, if you need to go to another store.  I usually make separate lists for each store I go to so I have the exact dollar amount due at check out.  #1 for my benefit so I don't have more to buy than money in my purse, and #2 so I can have an accurate price and keep tabs on the cashier.  They aren't always right, and neither are those bar code price scanners at checkout .

Here is the list before checking things off (trust me there are more items than fit on the screen, but not too many.)  I usually manual enter the items, but I do occasionally use the bar code scanner, and it works and is product accurate most of the time.  Sometimes it's way off and I have to edit the product.



Another feature is product history.  It tells you the date and price of the product last time it was entered or updated.  The $0.00 items are when I first enter them as a "new item" then when I add a price it creates a new product with the price.  


There is also a pantry list which I am in the process of working on.  I want to use it more like a price comparison list than a pantry list.  You can create categories or just put everything in the same place.  Items are easily added to your shopping list too from your pantry.


Here is the entry screen.  Note the store and product size shows up in the list above.

 The clock near the unit price also shows price history.

I really like this app, I have also even used it for keeping track of inventory for our business.  I used the pantry feature and the amount feature so I knew when I needed to buy.  

Over all I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this app.  I don't have the paid version, just the free one, because I'm cheap, BUT if I ever DO decide to pay for an app, this would defiantly be one I would consider worth it.  If you're looking for a great easy to use grocery list alternative to the paper and pen that you often leave at home on the counter, I suggest you give this a try.

I am not being compensated nor have I been contacted by the company to write a review.  This is all mu own opinion from using this app for multiple things over the past 3 years.

You can read this same review and others I've written  on my Amazon account




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!