Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Peek into My Day

Here's a peak into my day, Wednesday, 8/26/2015

First full night of sleep in about 2 weeks. Bar next door was quiet for the first time since opening about 3 weeks ago.  No we're not thrilled with it and yes I think it has prevented some business, but we're hoping things work out, which I think they will after the newness of a new bar in town wears off..  We've known the owner since he was a kid.  Also I woke up with a sore neck.  I slept wrong.  I knew I was, but just couldn't make myself move, if that makes sense.

*all times approximate, and I got a few pictures*

6 am got up and closed the curtain.  We live upstairs of our building (the castle, it's an arcade/gaming store while we work in the kitchen so we can serve food as well) and there are businesses upstairs across the street.  I'm paranoid people can see in. I  Can also hear the trash trucks picking up businesses trash downtown.



7:00 construction resumes at the building 2 doors down. They are renovating a motel into senior apartments. Sounds like they are removing walls.  I can hear what sounds like a sledge hammer hitting concrete and lots of loud talking and yelling (not mean yelling but giving instructions over the noise yelling).

7:45 alarm goes off.  *sigh*

8:15 get up, get dressed,  make bed.



8:30 walk across the street to the lock shop (it's half a block away). Get ready for day.

8:50 open lock shop

9:00 walk back across to castle to get kindle to charge and my Tunisian crochet project. Actually it was more like 9:15 cause I got distracted reading emails.

9:20-10:00 worked on my Tunisian crochet and had a couple customers

11:05 walked across to get lunch






11:30 helped finish with customer and ate lunch

12:00 went to Walgreen's to get batteries hubby needed for a job

12:30 hubby off on a job me back to crochet and Customers

3:00. Went to grocery store for a few things.

3:40 Put things away and started supper. Jalapeno popper chicken

4:00 checked Facebook

4:15 back to supper prep

4:30 supper prep stopped. Had to run over to shop hubby had phone call

4:40 back to supper

About 5:30 supper was finally ready. It was amazing!  I ended up making a total of 12 of these (2 pans worth).  I ate 2, we took 1 to a friend, and there are 2 left.  Obviously it is hubby and son approved.  I will share the recipe soon.






5:45 phone call! Customer is nice enough to let us finish supper. Also I made another pan of the chicken.

6:20 went to unlock a vehicle for customer

6:45 stopped back by castle to switch vehicles and get some of the chicken to take to a friend

7:00 did a drive by to make sure the friend was home then went to get our happy hour soda before delivering the chicken

7:30 back to the castle. Got on Facebook for a while

8:00 got dishes soaking and got back on Facebook

8:20 started dishes

8:35 soaking more dishes. I'm almost done. Back to Facebook and the internet for a few

8:55 back to finish the dished and make tea. Made up 2 freezer meals, Crockpot Philly's and a new recipe, Candy Chicken.

9:45 took the trash out and walked over to shop to do a few things

10:00 back to castle to charge my phone and work on this post, visit with friends on facebook, browse pinterest, etc.


11:15 phone chrged good enough for now....off to the Gym.

12:15 am finally got to bed. The bar next door was quiet. Yea!

I was awake around 3:30 am. Don't know why. Probably because youngest son came in around 4.

6:00 am we had storms rolling in. I was up long enough to check windows and went back to sleep.

7:45 am.   It all starts over.  Another day another dollar.   No early morning trash trucks or construction this time.

Hope you enjoyed my day.  I had fun keeping track of everything.


***an after thought.....goodness it sounds like I'm a Facebook addict. Its how I communicate with customers and friends though so its almost always available .









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!