Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Too Tired.....

Between the summer heat and more painting I was super tired yesterday.  Hope you didn't miss me too much.  Yesterday I had an "oops" moment.  I realized I didn't pay the water bills.  Cost me an about an extra $30, but I got them paid.  I think this is the second time in 21 years I have done this.  Guess I have a pretty good track record. ;-)

I also had [what I think is] a brilliant idea.  Most nomads use reflectix as window covering to help keep the sun and heat out.  I don't have the money right now to buy any, I don't want blind the people across the street, and it's getting really hot upstairs.  SO, we stopped by the old house (that we are trying to clean out to sell) and got some of the [drop] ceiling tiles.  I figured since it's insulation on one side and white, well a dirty white, on the other it should work pretty good.  I got 2 windows covered.  and today it was hot but still between 2 and 4 degrees cooler than outside.  I have 3 more windows I would like to cover with them.  These three and one of the ones already done we don't open.  I almost wonder if we could get it really cooled down up there is the window coverings would make more of a difference.  Time will tell.

Today was a busy day at the lock shop.  PTL!  Wish every day could be like today.  It was hot and we did turn the AC on a few times to help take the burn off the air.  No way am I leaving it going.  It ran non stop for 2 hours and didn't get down to temperature.

At the castle I did a little more painting, but mostly tonight it was pick things up and clean up since we are open tomorrow, Friday and Saturday.

We went to the grocery store to pick up some bottled water and bottled tea.  While we were there we noticed they had a sale on eggs,  2/$1.  We picked up a couple dozen and I hard boiled one dozen.  Guess that's lunch tomorrow.  For supper I'm putting some canned beef stew in to crockpot to heat.
the crockpot doesn't heat up the Castle too much and I can also use it and have the AC running as well.




1 comment:

  1. The heat is wicked here on Arkansas too. Good idea with the ceiling tiles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!