Tuesday, February 21, 2017

I Found More Yarn!

I know it's exciting isn't it?  I had started a new slouchy had using this Head Hugger pattern for my guide, but going off on my own with the size.  I discovered I didn't have anywhere near enough yarn for what I was trying to accomplish so I frogged it and made the rainbow scrunchies I posted about the other day.  I thought I had more of that yarn but I could't find it anywhere.  I can't remember now what I was looking for but I was like "hey check this out!"  It was stashed in a bag with a project (and wasn't being used) instead of in the yarn tote.  I'm glad I found it because I used it all up and most of what was left from the smaller ball I had.  I went ahead and made that slouchy hat....



Im calling it a "dread hat".  That was the intention for it.  I have had several comments on the hats I do have for sale that the "bag" needed to be bigger to accommodate big hair and dreads.  This "bag" can be worn tied closed or open on the bottom.  I think it turned out pretty cool.  I sure don't have enough hair to even begin claiming it for myself.  I would like to make more but they sure use a lot of yarn!

SO I weighed the project and it appears it used about 5 1/2 ounces of yarn.  I used the Redheart Mexicana yarn.  I love that yarn and always have!

Off to work on another project!  See ya tomorrow I hope.  Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to leave me a comment :-)


1 comment:

  1. I love the mexicana too and happy me as they also have it in the thread too! It came out very good your project.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me a comment! I love reading them!